Holiday dedicated to the discovery of a territory of the Tuscan Apennines, little known but very interesting: "Parco dei Monti delle Pietre Verdi" which extends for about 1500 hectares on the side of the Tuscan Apennines. Its geological composition is singular, where the “Monti Rognosi” emerge. The vegetation is original which, in addition to broad-leaved woods, includes rare plants such as the fragrant helichrysum and the fragrant daphne, found throughout Tuscany only on these mountains. To get in tune with this unique environment of the Tuscan Apennines, accommodation in apartments or bed / breakfast located in ancient farmhouses is provided, in the town of Ponte alla Pietra, a short distance from the more famous town of Anghiari, which is included in the list. of the "most beautiful villages in Italy". The holiday is completed with nature trails, accompanied by a nature guide.
How the living room is structured ...
Free stay (minimum 4 nights) in apartments in the farmhouses of Valle di Mezzo / Ponte alla Piera, consisting of kitchen / living room with sofa bed, double bedroom with or without extra bed, bathroom. The ERICA category accommodates up to 4 people, while the TIMO category accommodates up to 5 people. Double and triple rooms are available in the CERRETO B&B. Within a few kilometers there are taverns and restaurants that allow you to taste the excellence of local products. Artisan shops, farms dedicated to the cultivation of vines and olives, honey, forest products such as chestnuts, mushrooms and precious truffles, will be a pleasant compendium of this beautiful holiday.
The excursions with a nature guide include:
- Educational forest and the Ferriera del Sovara: Half day, 4 hours (Km 2 - recommended for adults and children)
- Il Castagneto Didattico: Half day, 4 hours (Km 2 - recommended for adults and children)
- La Via dei Castagneti: Half day, 4 hours (4.5 km - recommended for adults and children from 6 years)
- La Via dei Castagneti: Full day, 8 hours, with supplement (13 km, suggested for hikers)
- Le Erbe delle Fate: Half day, 4 hours (5 km - recommended for adults and children from 6 years)
- Four Steps on the Ocean Bottom: Half day, 4 hours (5 km - recommended for adults and children from 6 years)
- Four Passes on the Ocean Bottom: Full day, 4 hours with supplement (11 km, suggested for hikers)
- The Castle of Montauto and San Francesco: Full day, 8 hours, with supplement (13 km, recommended for hikers).
Excursions can be done freely (a short distance away)
- Anghiari: the land of battle, included in the category of "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VILLAGES OF ITALY"
- Sansepolcro: The birthplace of Piero della Francesca whose Civic Museum shows the fresco of the "Resurrection". Also of interest is the Museum of Medicinal Herbs, ABOCA
- Monterchi: The small museum houses the "Madonna del Parto". Fresco by Piero della Francesca
- Caprese: Michelangelo's birthplace
- Pieve Santo Stefano: The city of the Diary.