Florence is known for its unique Renaissance-style works of art, loved by the whole world, such as the opera complex of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo). Impossible to miss for those arriving in the city. In 1296 the Fabbriceria del Duomo di Firenze was founded by the Florentine Republic to supervise the construction of the cathedral and today it is responsible for its conservation. The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, the Crypt of Santa Reparata, Brunelleschi's Dome and Giotto's Bell Tower.
Meeting of the participants at 10.45 am in front of the central door of the Cathedral. Start of the tour at 11.00. Our guide will explore the magnificent giant vault of the Dome with you. We will visit the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo, with the original door of paradise, the Maddalena by Donatello, the Pietà by Michelangelo and many other works of the Renaissance. You can't miss the ascent of the dome. Once you learn how amazing its construction was, you will appreciate it even more. Once you get to the top you will feel the fresh air of the Tuscan sky. In this unforgettable place you can see all of Florence and the surrounding countryside. From inside the Cathedral you can admire Vasari's frescoes and the entire Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore from above! A complex path that our guide will facilitate for everyone!
- The ascent to the dome involves 464 steps (there is no lift). The visit of the dome is accompanied by the guide.
- To access the Opera del Duomo complex it is necessary to cover shoulders and legs.
- This excursion does not include reductions for children
- The tour is not suitable for people who cannot climb the steps of the Duomo (pregnant women, people with heart or motor problems, etc.)
- Due to the great demand for Brunelleschi's dome, reservations after the week preceding the tour may not be confirmed by the agency and therefore refunded.
- The guide service may be provided in two languages
- Arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour starts